Sir Joseph Isherwood are innovating. Sir Joseph Isherwood are recruiting. Sir Joseph Isherwood are for you.
Sir Joseph Isherwood have consistently provided leading technologies for the maritime industry since its inception over one hundred years ago. Our products and services have helped clients across the globe and our continued growth and future plans means we are currently expanding our teams.
Web Application Developer
based at our Head Office in North Tyneside
Sir Joseph Isherwood are looking to recruit a talented web application developer responsible for building new web based applications. Reporting to the Lead Developer you will be an integral member of the SCRUM team who will be actively involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle. Our projects require you to work with the full technology stack, you will be allowed freedom to influence design decisions and choose areas to specialise in. This is an excellent opportunity rarely available.
- Working within the development team creating data driven, real-time web applications.
- Develop high quality, testable NodeJS server modules and APIs.
- Working with non-relational data models with MongoDB.
- Develop high quality, testable AngularJS client side modules.
- Produce high quality technical documentation.
- Contribute to architecture discussions and decisions.
Ideally you will have the following skills:
- A solid understanding of HTML(5) and CSS(3).
- Experience in server side development with NodeJS.
- Experience with Typescript.
- A solid understanding of database systems, both relational and nonrelational.
- A working knowledge of TDD and unit testing.
- Experience with version control and build systems.
We will also consider you if you have:
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented software development gained from either Java or C#.
- Experience in developing desktop applications and a desire to move into developing web applications.
- A willingness to learn new technologies and a passion for software development
It would be brilliant if you also had:
- A degree (2:1 minimum) in a relevant discipline, i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics
- Experience with AngularJS upto and including version 1.4.
- Experience with NodeJS and especially Express.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Knowledge of ECMAScript 6.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap.
- Experience with SASS or LESS.
- An understanding of responsive web design.
- Previous experience developing iOS or Android applications.
- Competitive salary up to £34k based on experience.
- Permanent position.
- 37.5 hour week.
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays.
- Flexible daily start and end times.
- Free on-site parking and excellent public transport links.
- Excellent benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme with a generous 8% employer contribution, private medical insurance, life insurance and income protection insurance all available once eligible.
Please forward your CV and supporting covering letter to
No recruitment agencies please.